You can maximize your Cheeseburer Week experience by organizing friends in a Cheeseburger Crawl. Get some friends together and visit three or four participating restaurants to sample their burgers. Order one burger and split it three or four ways, then do the same at the next place.
You can organize your own itinerary, or follow one of our suggested routes.
Enjoy the Traditional Pasadena Cheeseburger Crawl:
- Start at Pie ‘n Burger at 913 East California for a burger recognized nationwide as one of the best.
- A couple of blocks up Lake Avenue, stop in for a burger at Dupar’s at 214 South Lake Avenue.
- Finish up at Clearman’s Galley at 7215 Rosemead Boulevard (just south of Huntington Drive). They have a full bar, as well.
- Start at a|k|a An American Bistro at 41 Hugus Alley near the corner of DeLacey and Union Street with their Certified Angus Burger. (Try a signature cocktail, while you’re there.)
- Take a few steps to Colorado Boulevard and Umami Burger at 49 East Colorado (toward Fair Oaks).
- Hop over to 69 North Raymond Avenue and Meat District Company to taste their burgers.
- Finish up at POP Champagne and Dessert Bar where you can split an order of sliders or share a full-sized burger. (Enjoy a glass of wine, champagne or a specially crafted champagne drink, too) and enjoy a delicious dessert to finish off your burger-full evening.
- Start at The Counter for a build-your-own-burger delight. (You can enjoy a glass of wine or beer with your burger, too.)
- RIght next door at Green Street Restaurant (146 Shopper’s Lane) you can have a cocktail, taste of wine or beer as you enjoy a tasty Pimento Cheese Burger at one of Pasadena’s favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner destinations.
- Head over to Lake and Seco New American Cuisine where, in addition to burgers on the happy hour menu, you can get craft cocktails and other delicacies (if you want a break from burgers).
- Finish up at Del Frisco’s Grill at 150 South Lake Avenue for a gourmet experience and a drink to finish off the evening.
- Start at Lucky Baldwin’s at 17 South Raymond in Old Pasadena for a delicious burger and some great local brews on tap, too.
- Head south on Raymond and left on Green for Dog Haus Biergarten at 93 east Green (behind Copa Vida) for a craft cocktail or brew and a fabulous burger on King’s Hawaiian Bread.
- Up on Colorado, you can find Barney’s Beanery with brews, a full bar and great food at 99 East Colorado.
- Finish up at Kings Row Gastropub at 20 East Colorado for one of their great burgers and cicerone-curated beers.
- Start at Clearman’s Galley at 7247 Rosemead Boulevard (just south of Huntington) for one of their burgers (and maybe a drink to go with).
- Then head to Robin’s Wood Fire BBQ at 395 North Rosemead Boulevard with a cheeseburger stuffed with gorgonzola or the ultimate Garbage Burger and a tall glass of Newcastle.
- Head north to Sierra Madre and Lucky Baldwin’s Delirium Cafe at 21 Kersting Court for great burgers and beers (and more). Ask about the Cheeseburger Week special, while you’re there.
- Finish up at Big Daddy’s Firegrill at 2122 East Foothill Boulevasrd for a delicious burger and (mabe) a beer, too. Check out the wide variety of burgers on the extensive menu at one of Pasadena’s favorites.
- Start at Ann Gentry’s Real Food Daily at 895 East Del Mar Boulevard (at Lake Avenue). The RFD Burger will tantalize your tastebuds.
- Head to Old Pasadena and check out the Lobster Roll at Lobsters at Live Mixx at 115 East Colorado Boulevard for a mouth-watering experience.
- Then head to a|k|a An American Bistro at 41 Hugus Alley for the Roasted Portobello and Brie on Focaccia.
- Finish up with the Earth Burger at Umami Burger at 49 East Colorado in Old Pasadena.
- Start with the Duck Sliders at Kings Row Gastropub at 20 East Colorado in Old Pasadena.
- Along Union Street stop at POP Champagne and Dessert Bar for a great slider assortment and a glass of wine or bubbly (or even a beer), then
- Walk around the corner to Vertical Wine Bistro at 70 North Raymond for the Happy Hour Sliders (and, if you have a designated driver, one of Vertical’s artisanal cocktails).
- Then head to Ruth’s Chris Steak House at 369 East Colorado and try their Prime Sliders. Have a Broad Street Hurricane and taste the drink that was crowned Pasadena’s 2012 Cocktail of the Year.
Take the off-Colorado Cheeseburger Crawl:
- Start at La Grande Orange Cafe at 260 South Raymond for a fabulous burger and (maybe) a drink or brew to go with.
- If it’s lunchtime, stop at Pasadena favorite Gale’s Restaurant at 452 South Fair Oaks Avenue for a great burger.
- Stop by Rounds Burgers at 46 North Lake Avenue for a delicious California Burger (or another of their favorites), then
- Finish up at California Pizza Kitchen at 99 North Los Robles Avenue, one of Pasadena’s favorite brunch, lunch and dinner spots, for a cheeseburger pizza (or something else that tickles your tastebuds).
- Start at Green Street Restaurant at 146 Shoppers Lane (behind Lake Avenue) for a Pimento Cheese Burger that will definitely tickle your tastebuds.
- Head east on Colorado to El Portal (in Arcade Lane at 595 East Green Street) and Armando Ramirez’s uniquely tasty Zacatecas Cochinita Pibil Burger.
- Check out Chef Claud’s creative cheeseburger at the dusitD2 constance hotel pasadena at the corner of Mentor and Colorado at at 928 East Colorado Boulevard, then
- Finish up with the Loaded Cheeseburger at iPic Theaters and Salt Lounge at 44 Miller Alley (in One Colorado) in Old Pasadena. if you have a designated driver, try one of their specialty cocktails to finish off the evening.