64 drinks from 32 of Pasadena’s finest restaurants and lounges are offered in competition in the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge from August 15th through September 26th.
Click on the participant restaurant below to see what drinks they are offering in the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge.
If you want your restaurant to be included in Pasadena Restaurant Week 2014, click on Register My Restaurant to sign up or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
make happy those who are near
and those who are far will come
well-traveled executive chef / managing partner hisashi yoshiara
made his culinary bones living and cooking in paris,
lake como, italy and lugano, switzerland for several years.
now, he has come full circle and returned to pasadena
where he was once part of the legendary restaurant café jacoulet (french-japanese),
which sparked the revitalization of old pasadena.
growing up in sapporo, japan, his australian-influenced father
served tea and biscuits for breakfast
rather than rice and miso soup,
which began his culinary journey.
most recently, he was executive chef/partner at buddha’s belly (pan-asian).
prior to that he was executive chef at jozu (cal/asian),
executive chef at la boheme (french),
executive chef/owner at cinnabar (french-japanese),
executive chef/partner at café jacoulet (french-japanese)
and executive chef at tra fiori (italian).rigorous attention to detail,
and the creative passion
of a world-influenced palate
combine to form the basis for chef yoshiara's cooking
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, 168 is offering:
- Rappongi Hills: Soju, plum liqueur, fresh sour and mashed blueberries.
- Spicy Dragon: White tequila infuse jalapeño , with a lemon , lime , agave nectar
- 168 West Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91105
Conveniently located in Old Pasadena's stylish One Colorado Plaza, a/k/a is the
latest concept by renowned restaurateurs Deborah and Robert Simon, who have also operated Bistro 45 for the last 20 + years in Pasadena, and previously launched the a/k/a concept in St. Helena two and a half years ago to critical acclaim. Drawing flavors and menu focus from California wine country sensibility and from specific, sustainable, and, where ever possible, organic sources is what a/k/a is all about. a/k/a's sophisticated yet comfortable ambiance is highlighted by gracious and abundant hospitality, and a diverse menu featuring choices for every taste.
- Call 626.564.8111 for reservations
- A/K/A: an American Bistro is at 41 Hugus Alley in Old Pasadena
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, a/k/a offers:
- OLD TOWN BEACH: House vodka, splash of Midori Melon Liqueur, splash of peach liqueur, splash of Malibu rum, top with cranberry juice and fresh apple juice.
GIN BASIL SMASH: Fresh basil, fresh lime, sugar muddled with lime wedge, Gordon’s Gin with soda water.
The Raymond Restaurant features an innovative, contemporary menu in a
casual-fine dining setting. Chef Tim Guiltinan creates inspired, modernized, classic American cuisine that is global in it's scope. He combines the familiar and exotic using moden and classic cooking techniques. The wine list features a varied selection of domestic and international wines
featuring premier and boutique wineries. Join us for brunch, lunch, dinner, or a special occasion – we look forward to serving you.
Calling all cocktailians: Contemporary bar culture made a late but entirely fashionable entrance this week in Pasadena with the opening of 1886, the new watering hole at The Raymond Restaurant
The Raymond’s management and owners partnered with mixology masters Marcos Tello and Aidan Demarest of Tello Demarest Liquid Assets
to curate the much-anticipated, artisan cocktail bar. Tello’s lengthy CV includes crafting the cocktail selection at The Varnish
and The Edison
in downtown Los Angeles. Demarest, too, is an Edison alum and also noted for his libations at First & Hope
Appealing to Pasadenans’ sense of tradition, the drink menu at 1886 incorporates sly nods to local history and lore.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Bar 1886 offers:
Strawberry Colada on Fire
: pineapple reduction, strawberry reduction, Nicaraguan Rum and coconut creme
A Tale of Two Raymonds
: blend of dark
rum, overproof rum and cognac, pineapple, lemon and lime juice with house made grenadine
BJ’s wants to be the very definition of “WOW!” for you and your family every time
you experience our high-energy, kid-friendly restaurants. We’ve committed to being the best, serving high-quality food and beverages in a fun setting that you’ll want to come back to again and again.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, BJ's is offering:
- BJ's White Peach Margarita:1800 Silver Tequila, Cointreau Orange Liqueur,
Monin White Peach and BJ's Freshly Prepared Sweet & Sour
- BJ's Watermelon Mojito: Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum, DeKuyper Pucker Watermelon, BJ's Signature Mojito Mix, and Freshly Muddled Watermelon and Mint
At 300 Pasadena, we’ve put a unique, upscale spin on our menu. Choose from dozens of delicious dining choices prepared under the direction of our executive chef Steven Koulouvaris and delivered right to your lane.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, 300 Pasadena, bowling with a twist, offers:
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, BowlMor offers:
- Blueberry Lemonade- blueberries, lemonade, simple syrup, Stoly Blueberry, Stoly Citrus, wild berry syrup garnished with lemon
- Raspberry Mojito-raspberries, sweet and sour, raspberry rum, lime juice and club soda garnished with berries
California Pizza Kitchen is a casual-dining restaurant featuring innovative
pizzas that are creatively designed on a delicious crust and hearth-baked to perfection, such as The Original BBQ Chicken Pizza and the California Club Pizza. Also served are distinctive pastas, salads, soups, sandwiches, appetizers and desserts, including our Chicken-Tequila Fettuccine, The Original
BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad, Tortilla Spring Rolls and Key Lime Pie.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, California Pizza Kitchen Pasadena is offering:
Blueberry Ginger Smash: Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, MONIN Agave Organic Nectar, Domaine de Canton Ginger, Fresh Blueberries, Cranberry and Lime Juice.
California Roots: SKYY Vodka, Fresh Avocado, Fresh Agave Sour, Fresh Mint and Lime with a Fennel Salt Rim.
JOIN US FOR BREWS AND A GREAT TIME!
Why grab a bite in a cookie-cutter restaurant when you can take a cruise on land at
our historic San Gabriel landmark, Clearman's Galley?
"The Boat" was originally launched in 1913 as a mail-service vessel between San Francisco and Alaska. John Clearman brought it to San Gabriel in 1968, where it became a hamburger stand with patio seating.
Now, 40 years after serving its first hamburger, Clearman’s Galley is now open – a larger version of “The Boat” that seats almost 300 guests (and that patio is larger too, big enough for 90). And there’s a new full-service bar serving up to two dozen beers.
- 7215 Rosemead Boulevard (just south of Huntington Drive) in San Gabriel
- For information call: 626-286-1484
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, the Boat offers:
- Jalapeno Margarita: muddled jalapeno (no seeds), Partida Anejo tequila, simple syrup, fresh lime juice
- The Boat's Summer Fever: Bombay Sapphire Gin, Aperol, St. Germain, fresh sour mix, splash of grapefruit vodka
Serving Los Angeles Since 1954
Come for the Food
Stay for the Live Music Every Night, Fridays and Saturdays til Closing
“Some things in our restaurant are more obvious than others. However, the dedication to excellence and elegance is unmistakably expressed in everything we do. In a restaurant committed to the maximum, that while a good meal is simply food; a great meal is an inspiration!” ~ Ann Colombo
We have been serving our community since 1954. We serve breakfast, lunch (Monday through Friday, 11 AM to 3 PM) and dinner. Relax with our live Jazz entertainment and legendary drinks. Italian American Cuisine: Prime Rib, Steak, Chicken, Sea Food, Pasta, mouth-watering salads, side dishes and dessert. Owned and Operated by Ms. Ann Colombo.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Colombo's is offering:
- Spicy Rita: Cilantro,Jalapeno, Lemon, Lime, Agave nectar, Grand Marnier, Reposado tequila
- Strawberry Summer Dream: Strawberries, Mint, Coconut cream, Malibu rum, Bacardi Chambord, Coconut flakes for garnish
Now there's a 2nd place to enjoy the best of the wurst! Drop by Dog Haus
Biergarten for your favorite meal and sample our selection of German and California Craft beers, select wines and classic cocktails, as well as some live music. It's fun for the whole family. And it tastes good, too.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Dog Haus Biergarten offers:
- Passionate Lady a/k/a The Julia: Gin, Combier ,Passion Fruit,Fresh Lemon Juice,Egg White
- Spiced Mango Smash: Bourbon,Fresh Mint.Fresh Lemon, Jalapeño, Mango Syrup
It was a landmark year in 1927. Babe Ruth hit sixty home runs, Charles
Lindbergh made his historic flight across the Atlantic and a young couple named George and Aurelia Salisbury opened up a little Mexican restaurant on the outskirts of a small town named Los Angeles. That was the historic beginning to the rich tradition that is El Cholo
All of the El Cholo
® restaurants feature authentic and traditional Mexican dishes, many of which have come from family recipes dating back to 1923. Our distinctive menu offers classics such as our famous green corn tamales, enchiladas, and sizzling fajitas. Our combination plates along with newer comidas especiales and fresh grilled chicken tostadita and tostada compuesta salads have made El Cholo
famous along with our irresistible nachos, which were introduced back in the 50’s by a young server named Carmen Rocha. But there is one thing that El Cholo
® is especially known for and that is our famous El Cholo
! El Cholo
® pioneered the now renown Cuervo 1800 into their secret El Cholo
® Margarita Recipe and it has become a "must taste” for visitors to Southern California.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, El Cholo offers:
- La Guera: Tanteo tequila, Peach Schnapps, apple and pineapple juice topped with white wine and garnished with glassed fruit and a pineapple slice
- Cucumber Margarita: Puerta Vallerta Silver tequila, cucumber chunks, lime juice served on the rocks with cucumber, chili powder and salt on the rim.
Once more we have been voted “The Best” Mexican Restaurant by the
readers of the Pasadena Weekly. It is all thanks to you and to our commitment to serve you “honest to goodness fresh food” with courteous and respectable service.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, El Portal offers:
- Sangria: Red wine, orange and pineapple juice garnished with fruit.
- Tequila Sunrise: Tequila, Creme de Caisis, Grenadine, orange juice garnished with fruit
Gale's is a bustling bistro that features the most comprehensive selection of
[caption id="attachment_1518" align="alignright" width="199" caption="Bill, bartender at Gale's, served the Basil Lemon Martini for the 2012 SIP-tember Cocktail Finale."]
Northern Italian cuisine this side of Tuscany. But to owner Gale Kohl, her namesake restaurant also represents a higher calling. It is a tribute, a memorial and a reason to celebrate life each and every day.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Gale's will offer:
- Bourbon Ginger Sour: fresh squeezed lemon, Jack Daniels Bourbon, Canton Ginger Liqueur garnished with a red grapefruit segment.
Fresh Blackberries, fresh
squeezed lemon, simple syrup, Grey Goose Vodka, Mint, Nardini Lemon Liqueur
Green Street Restaurant has been a Pasadena tradition and innovation since
1979. Serving California cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Green Street is the place where Pasadenans go to meet old friends, discuss business or just enjoy a fabulous meal. Green Street is still owned and operated by the family that started it as a one room, 18 table cafe.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Chalenge, Green Street is offering:
- Bourbon Blackberry Collins: 4 blackberries, ice, 1.5 ounces Bulliet Bourbon, 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice, 3/4 ounce Simple syrup, 2 ounces club soda. (Muddle blackberries. Add ice and the bourbon, lemon juice and simple syrup and shake well. strain into a Collins glass. stir in club soda and blackberries.)
- Betelgeuse* Sangria: -One 750ml bottle of Betelgeuse white, One 12 oz. bottle of ginger beer, Ice, Fresh grated ginger to taste, Sliced white peach or nectarine, Sliced cucumber, sliced lemon and lime, Sprig of rosemary, Fresh mint leaves.
The Lounge at the Hilton Pasadena offers exquisitely crafted cocktails in a warm,
comfortable, intimate setting. Enjoy cocktails inside or on the private outdoor patio.
For the Sip-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, The Hilton is offering:
Skinny Margarita: Partida Blanco Tequila Organic Agave Nectar Fresh Lime, Shaken and Served on the rock.
Skinny Bikini Martini: Skinnygirl Tangerine Vodka juice of one Orange and ½ Lemon and a splash of Soda with an Orange Curl
gastropub gástrō pùb noun Brit. a British term for a public house that specializes in serving high-quality food.
ORIGIN 1990s: blend of gastronomy and pub.
Haven Gastropub’s mission is to provide high quality, freshly prepared food at reasonable prices, maintaining purveyors of local or organic produce, sustainable seafood, and humanely raised meat and poultry as often as possible.
Haven Gastropub also goes further to provide a unique selection of beer, wine, and cocktails to enjoy alongside the food.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Haven is offering:
- Sweet Pepper Infused Tequila Egg Sour: 2 oz. Sweet Pepper Infused Blanco Tequila, 3/4 oz. Agave Nectar, 3/4 oz. Fresh Lime Juice, 1 Egg White, Garnished with Sweet Peppers from infusion
- Velvet: 2oz. Buffalo Trace Bourbon, 1oz. Orange Juice, 1oz. Brown Sugar Simple Syrup, 1 1/2 oz. Nitro Stout
IX Tapa brings a touch of class to a time honored cuisine. Featuring the classic,
home cooked dishes of the region, ix-tapa offers a wide ranging menu selection, from familiar entrée favorites to a large offering of bar bites. With over 7,000 square feet of space grandly appointed by LA based design firm AKAR Studios, IX Tapa boasts live music, dancing and a complete schedule of entertainment options.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, ix-tapa Cantina will offer:
- Pineapple Infusion Colada: Bacardi Pineapple Infusion, Coconut Water, Pineapple Juice, Lemon Juice, Agave Nector & Soda water. Served in a HighBall, Pineapple Garnish
- Watermelon Burrito: Greygoose, Lime Juice, Fresh Watermelon, Ginger Beer & Agave Nector
At Kal's Mediterranean Bistro we fully embrace Modern Mediterranean cuisine,
reintroducing familiar flavors in a playful fashion in an environment with legendary service and a welcoming atmosphere. Expect delicious food, hand crafted cocktails, and the finest in beers and wines.
- The Arugula Rocket: Arugula, agave, Dolin vermouth and fresh lime juice
- Smoke in the Garden: Sun-dried smoked tomatoes, green and red bell peppers, agave, lime, cilantro, scallions and habanero infused vermouth.
- 43 East Union Street in Pasadena
Located in the heart of Old Pasadena, Kings Row Gastropub is a casual
restaurant nestled inside a historic landmark building constructed in the early 20th century, with the original architecture and materials preserved.While the vibe at Kings Row is fun and inviting, our scratch kitchen offers diners some serious pub nosh, as well as creative reinterpretations of British classics, like our Shepherd’s Stack and Cheeky Bastard Poutine.
Our conscientious food, sourced almost exclusively from California, is served on small plates or share plates, along with a charcuterie carte menu, blackboard specials, and an ever-changing array of delectable dishes made from the freshest ingredients from the farm and sea. Our full bar offers more than 60 beers, specializing in small-craft and local brewers and Belgian ales and styles, as well as handcrafted cocktails, and quaint, unique wine selections.
Menu and drink selections may be subject to change (based on availability).
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Kings Row offers:
- Rose City Smash: green chartreuse, vodka, lime juice, simple syrup, strawberries, and a splash of pineapple.
- Hotel Pasadena: Zaya 12 year-old rum, fresh lime juice, Mathilde Peche Liqueur garnished with lime peel.
The Market on Holly is Pasadena’s premier destination for gourmet foods and
specialty retail items. From the delicious menu designed by chef and co-owner, Mary Pat Brandmeyer, and hand-picked retail items from around the globe, chosen by owner Marty Davich, The Market on Holly is THE place to explore new and exclusive culinary frontiers.
EAT AT THE MARKET
For our drip coffee, we brew a variety of Portland-based Stumptown Coffee
. And for our espresso, we use Handsome Coffee Roasters
, which is a new and local company located downtown Los Angeles. We also offer a wide assortment of housemade pastries, brownies, cakes, muffins and cinnamon rolls.
we provide catering platters designed with office lunches and corporate meetings in mind. choose from our selection of gourmet sandwiches and salads, add a side from the daily specials in our deli case, and finish it off with your choice of desserts from our bakery.
family dinners from The Market are a perfect way to enjoy a delicious meal, without setting foot in the kitchen. grab-and-go items include meatloaf, fresh salmon, heat-and-serve lasagne, mac n’ cheese, and a range of frozen housemade soup.
we also sell our signature sauces and condiments to add a gourmet touch to your home cooked meals.
join us for a wonderful selection of beer and wine, and our specialty cheese and charcuterie plates.
The Market on Holly specializes in catering for parties large and small. our executive chef can help you create the perfect menu for your next gathering or celebration.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Market on Holly is offering:
- The Cucumber Mimosa: champagne and Carmela's cucumber sorbet
Located in Plaze Las Fuentes, McCormick & Schmick’s is nestled among beautiful
fountains and sculptures. The restaurant is located near the Pasadena Museum of California Art and the Pasadena Playhouse and close to the Rose Bowl Stadium.
From fresh seafood and shell fish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
As our guest you will experience culinary excellence at its best. Our menus reflect seafood from the Pacific Rim, Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico. We also source products from local ranches, farms and wineries to showcase regionally inspired dishes.
A distinctive feature of our restaurant is our beautiful bar area that offers you a comfortable environment from which to enjoy a wide variety of wines, beers, classic drinks and trendy cocktails.
Be sure to stop by and enjoy our award winning bar food during our Happy Hours. Every item on the menu is appealing and the prices are equally attractive!
Choose from our private and semi-private dining rooms to host your next corporate or business event or personal celebration.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge
, McCormick and Schmick's is offering:
- The Dirty Diablo: Milagro Silver Tequila, Cointreau Orange Liqueur, fresh squeezed lime and orange juices, olive juice and a dash of Monin Habanero Lime Syrup, with a Black Salt Rim.
- Strawberry Basil Smash: Hendrick's Gin, fresh strawberries and basil, with simple syrup and fresh-squeezed lime juice.
A Slice of New York in Pasadena
Our passionate desire is to provide extraordinary value for our guests in all aspects of a Deli. Here at The New York Deli, authenticity is key, all our produce, meats and breads are handpicked daily to insure our customers the freshest and highest quality of foods. All items on our menus are prepared in house hours before we open, showing our deep dedication in pursuing culinary excellence.
It is safe to say that you haven't had a sandwich until you've had a New
York Deli sandwich!
Fulfilling your needs is our desire, The New York Deli wishes you a beautiful dining experience!
- Telephone: 626-578-0010
- New York Deli is at 25 North Raymond Avenue in Old Pasadena
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, New York Deli offers:
- The New Old Fashioned: A delicious drink made with fresh fruit: we muddle up some fresh Peach Slices, then add some smooth Maker's Mark Bourbon, throw in some Simple Syrup, a few dashes of flavored Bitters, and then some Blueberries as well. We'll stir it all up, and end with a splash of Soda
- The Rosemary Collins - An aromatic and refreshing drink: This special drink combines Tanqueray Gin and our special Housemade Blend of Rosemary Syrup, made with real, fresh Rosemary which we have finely chopped, and then infused into a Sugar Melange. It's topped off with Lemon Juice and Soda
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar is a sexy place for first dates, social gatherings, after-work drinks, or any night out on the town. Our simple yet elegant décor complements the historical architecture and culture of Old Town Pasadena.Indulge yourself in our extensive selection of Champagnes, sparkling wines, dessert wines and artisanal beers, to be enjoyed with our full savory menu of delectable entrees, small plates, gourmet cheeses, caviar, charcuterie, and of course our house made desserts that will tantalize your taste buds.At POP there is no need to feel intimidated by an endless list of wines when you can speak with our on-site certified sommelier. We are here to help you find the perfect pairing for your food or point you towards a new wine that may soon become your favorite.With over fifty wines by the glass, ever-changing flights, and a growing bottle list, POP is the perfect place for novices and connoisseurs alike, to explore and play in the alluring world of Champagne and desserts.
- Telephone: (626) 795-1295
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge,
POP Champagne is offering:
- Sparkling Sunrise: Sparkling
wine,Pineapple juice, Grenadine,Over ice in pilsner glass
- Bellini Noir: Sparkling wine, White peach
purée,Float of red wine, in a champagne flute
The Raymond Restaurant features an innovative, contemporary menu in a casual-fine
dining setting. Chef Tim Guiltinan creates inspired, modernized, classic American cuisine that is global in it's scope. He combines the familiar and exotic using moden and classic cooking techniques. The wine list features a varied selection of domestic and international wines featuring premier and boutique wineries. Join us for brunch, lunch, dinner, or a special occasion – we look forward to serving you.
- The Raymond is at 1250 South Fair Oaks Avenue in Pasadena
- Reservations: (626) 441-3136
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Bar 1886 at the Raymond is offering:
- Strawberry Colada on Fire: pineapple reduction, strawberry reduction, Nicaraguan Rum and coconut creme
- A Tale of Two Raymonds: blend of dark rum, overproof rum and cognac, pineapple, lemon and lime juice with house made grenadine
From our humble beginnings on Broad Street in New Orleans to our current position as the world's largest fine dining company, Ruth's Chris Steak House has come quite a long way in its first four decades. In 2010, we celebrated our 45th anniversary, and we consider it a celebration of the life of a woman who broke the mold - our founder, Ruth Fertel.
Visit Ruth's Chris Steak House in Pasadena, California. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business meeting, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Our
Pasadena steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Ruth's Chris is offering:
- Blackberry Side Car: Remy Martin VSOP Cognac, Cointreau, Fresh Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup, Fee Brothers Plum Bitters, Fresh Blackberries
- Coconut Ginger Drop: Ketel One Citroen Vodka, Ciroc Coconut Vodka, Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur, Ginger Simple Syrup, Fresh Lemon Juice
AND Ruth's Chris offers the 2012 Pasadena Cocktail of the Year:
[caption id="attachment_1291" align="alignright" width="150" caption="Ruth's Chris' Broad Street Hurricane"][/caption]
Broad Street Hurricane: Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 Rum, POM Pomegranate Juice, Sour Mix, Lime Juice, Monin Yellow Passion fruit Syrup
Salt is located at Pasadena's iPic Theaters in Old Pasadena.
Salt takes the art of mixology to another level. Every cocktail at Salt is crafted from
the freshest local ingredients and custom house made infusions.
Salt is the perfect intimate setting for conversation, people watching or just meet
up with friends before and after a movie.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Salt is offering:
- Bangkok Monkey Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail: Passion Fruit, Coconut, Pineapple, Malibu Passion
- El Corazon Margarita: 100% de Agave Tequila, Passion Fruit, Pomegranate, Blood Orange, Lime, Kosher Salt and Tellicherry Rim.
- Salt is located at iPic Theater at 42 Miller Alley in Old Pasadena
Slater’s 50/50 was founded around a passion for gourmet comfort food and craft
beer. Together, Scott Slater and Executive Chef Brad Lyons created our now famous 50/50 Burger
– 50% ground bacon and 50% ground beef
taking the Southern California restaurant scene by storm.We rotate our beers on tap
daily, delivering our guests the best sports bar and beer selection in town.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Slater's 50/50 is offering:
- MISSISSIPPI SANGRIA: Bacardi Dragonberry Rum combined with pressed lemons, fresh basil, a touch of simple syrup and sparkling soda.
- TWISTED VINE: Three Olives Grape Vodka, muddled red grapes & lemons
and a touch of simple syrup topped and sparkling soda
Our menus feature not only the popular tapas offerings, but also a full lunchtime menu of salads and sandwiches, and several entree selections, including a variety of paella, for those arriving with a more substantial appetite. Bar Celona's wine list includes a wonderful and reasonably priced selection of popular wines.
Our menu will tempt you with popular Italian favorites including salads, pastas, pizzas, roasted and grilled meats. We also offer well inventive signature appetizers including Caprese, Shrimp Cocktail Martini and our famous SORRISO Crab Cakes. A wonderful selection of grilled meats including melt-in-your-month New Zealand Lamb Chops.
The extensive Martini List is fun and includes super martinis such as the Marilyn Monroe, WOK N ROLL, and a sophisticated, pink-tinged martini named the Desperate House Wife! SORRISO's Wine List includes a wonderful and reasonably priced selection of popular California and Italian
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challege, Bar Celona / SORRISO offer:
- Pearis Martini: Pear flavored Vodka, Pineapple juice, St Germain liqueur.
- Flamenco Kiss: Vanilla flavored Vodka and Fresh Strawberry juice
The standard for forward-thinking sushi in town, Sushi Roku is as stylish as its
patrons. Start with edamame or cucumber sunomono, move on to the salmon tempura roll with spicy ponzu cream, and choose from dozens of sushi selections or main courses like eight-hour braised kurobuta pork. Extensive sake and signature cocktail selection.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Sushi Roku is offering:
- Mandarin Honey Margarita: Mandarin segments, Corzo Blanco tequila, honey water, fresh lime juice
- Cloudy Bay: Bacardi oak heart, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Ginger beer, with a pineapple foam top
The Tap Room at the Langham Huntington Hotel in Pasadena is one of our most enticing
lounges. With views from the bar's patio out across the expansive grounds and San Marino to the south,you can enjoy the finest cocktails in an unmatched setting.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, the Tap Room has entered:
- Watermelon King - Partida Blanco, Fresh Watermelon, Pressed Basil, Lime
- CC Crush - Belvedere Intense, Pineapple Juice, Simple Syrup, Lime Juice, Cucumber, Cilantro, Jalapeno, Sugar Rim
To dine at The Langham, Pasadena is to savor extraordinary dishes passionately prepared by a team of chefs, each determined to outdo their fellows with creativity and culinary flair.
The Terrace - casual dining in refined surroundings
The Terrace serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. The comforting bistro
style menu, created by Chef Erik Schuster, is comprised of seasonal and sustainable California cuisine, offering a variety of choices that will delight both the discerning and casual diner. The outdoor patio offers guests alfresco dining with a view of the Picture Bridge and pool, and provides the perfect setting for a business lunch or relaxing dinner.The venue also includes a private dining room with seating for up to 16, for small intimate gatherings
Toro Sushi Bar Lounge, east Pasadena's premiere sushi, Japanese cuisine and sports bar
Toro Sushi, Bar, & Lounge specializes in creating a complete dining experience
that touches and embraces our customers hearts as well as their palates through food, music, and atmosphere. Our menu is based on a Japanese/Spanish fusion concept that creates a unique dining experience. Enjoy our Lunch Specials, Happy Hour, Full Bar, Late Night Dining and Happy Hour. We also cater on and offsite for parties of 20 - 300 people. We are also the proud sushi caterers of Angels Baseball and the San Diego Chargers. The Toro Experience: #Eat #Drink #Socialize
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Toro Sushi is offering:
: Skinny Girl Cucumber Vodka, Simple Syrup, Sweet & Sour, Fresh Muddled Mint and Cucumber.
: Captain Morgan Spiced
Rum, Malibu Coconut Rum, Pomegranate Juice, Fresh Squeezed Orange, Splash of Grenadine.
Modern American Italian
New to the Pasadena restaurant scene, Trattoria Neapolis featuring award winning Chef Bryant Wigger was recently named one of Zagat's "Top 12 Hottest New Restaurants in LA." The restaurant presents a full menu of antipasta, pasta, pizza from a wood burning oven, main courses, salads and desserts. Pasta, bread and salumi are house made and Chef Wigger updates the menu to take advantage of the freshest
ingredients each season has to offer. The wine program is vast with signature selections from Italy and California. The bar boasts 14 craft beers on tap from some of the finest artisanal brewers plus innovative cocktails have been developed by Vincenzo Marianella, nominee for American Bartender of the Year. Open seven days a week serving lunch, dinner and brunch on the
weekends plus late night service on Fridays and Saturdays.
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge
, Trattoria Neapolis is offering:
- Campanula Sour - Grapefruit Vodka, St Germain, Fresh Lemon Juice, Mint, Red Bell Pepper
- Easton - House Infused Cucumber Vodka, Fresh Lime Juice, Mint
Ascend a flight of stairs from a quaint Old Pasadena courtyard and you'll
find a new approach to the good life at Vertical Wine Bistro, where bistro fare is paired with a dazzling array of wines from around the world. Film producer, and local resident, Gale Anne Hurd has created this warm and welcoming setting where inventive dishes created by Chef Laurent Quenioux (Bistro K, Bistro LQ) are presented alongside wine selections by Wine Director and General Manager Manuel Mesta. Experts and novices alike are invited to peruse the eclectic wine list of over 400 domestic and international labels, many of which are available by the glass or as part of regional flights, with the help of the discerning staff. The restaurant features a sleek wine bar and lounge separated from a contemporary dining room by a custom floor-to-ceiling glass wine cellar. The refined cuisine, relaxed setting, and convivial atmosphere at Vertical Wine Bistro have combined to make it a local favorite since 2008.
- Reservations call 626-795-3999
- Vertical Wine Bistro is upstairs at 70 North Raymond Avenue (north of Union Street) in Old Pasadena
For the SIP-tember Cocktail Bracket Challenge, Vertical is offering:
- Cool by the Pool: Fresh watermelon, vodka, and citrus syrup
- Red Hot and Bothered: Jalapeno-infused vodka, strawberry, blood orange, agave, ginger beer